The Usman Danfodiyo University. Sokoto has received NUC’s approval for some of its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. This was contained in a letter sent to the Vice Chancellor of the university. Read the content of the letter below;
The Vice-Chancellor would kindly recall that a resource verification visit was carried out by panels of experts to some proposed academic programmes in Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto with a view to assessing the human and material resources available for their establishment.
I am directed to inform the Vice-Chancellor that the Executive Secretary has considered and approved the establishment of the full-time mode of the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to be run in the Main Campus of the University, effective from 2020/2021 academic session:
1. M.Sc and Ph.D Medical Laboratory Science
2. Doctor of Optometry
3. B.Sc. (Ed) Computer Science
4. B. (Ed) Curriculum Studies
5. B. (Ed) Guidance and Counseling
6. B.Sc (Ed) Library and Information Science
7. B.Sc (Ed) Agricultural Science Education
8. M.Sc Management Studies
9. M.Phil/Ph.D Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
10.Ph.D Medical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
11.Ph.D Pharmaceutical Microbiology
12. M.Sc Pharmaceutical Microbiology
13. M.Phil Pharmaceutical Microbiology
14. (BPT) Bachelor of Physiotherapy
15.MSc. Public Administration
16. M.Phil Public Administration
17. Ph.D Public Administration
18.B.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics
19. M.Phil/Ph.D Peace and Conflict Studies
20. M.Sc. Peace and Conflict Studies
21. Master of Peace and Security Studies
22. Postgraduate Diploma in Peace and Confliet Studies
23. MSe. Pharmaceutics
24. M.Phil/Ph.D Pharmaceutics
26. M.Sc. Pharmacology and Toxicology
27. M.Phil/Ph.D Pharmacology and Toxicology
28. Ph.D Pharmacology and Toxicology.
I am to add that the approval does not cover the part-time mode of delivery of the programmes. All programmes shall bear only the approved titles and nomenclatures and any change will require re-approval of the Commission.
The University is enjoined to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes.
Please, accept the assurance of the Executive Secretary’s highest regards.