Two students of Tai Solarin University of Education(TASUED) Ijagun in Ogun State, have reportedly died after ‘accidentally’ consuming a poisonous substance suspected to be ”sniper” at a private hostel in Ijagun town on Sunday, August 1.
According to reports, the deceased, a 200 level female student of the Department of Library and Information Science, had gone to pay a male student a visit at his hostel, and her roommate became worried when she did not return as expected.
The anxious friend decided to check up on the female student at the male hostel, and upon gaining entry into the room, she found the motionless bodies of both students lying on the floor.
The students were said to have been taken to the University’s health centre where the doctor on duty confirmed the female student dead on arrival, while the unconscious male student was taken to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital(OOUTH), Sagamu.
The parents of the male student reportedly took him to an emergency ward of the Babcock University Teaching Hospital, Ilisan, Ogun State, and according to unconfirmed reports, the male student eventually passed on, on Monday morning.
The university’s Public Relations Officer, Odubela Ayotunde, has confirmed the incident.