The Six Nations fixture between France and Scotland is tonight in doubt, with a decision on whether it can go ahead to be made on Wednesday.
The fixture, due to take place on Sunday, has been plunged into chaos following a number of positive Covid-19 cases in the French camp.
On Monday, five more players, including captain Charles Ollivon, were confirmed to have tested positive – taking the total number of players ruled out so far to 10.
A handful of management staff, including head coach Fabien Galthie, have also tested positive and been forced to self-isolate.
Because of the number of positive cases, there has been concern about whether the match would go ahead or whether the Six Nations would postpone the fixture until the following weekend, which is a fallow weekend in the Six Nations.
And the Six Nations have now confirmed that a decision will be made tomorrow [Wednesday].
A statement from the Six Nations read: “A meeting of the Six Nations Testing Oversight Group (TOG) took place [on Monday] to review the situation in France in relation to the Covid-19 outbreak in the French team.
“The TOG was advised by the French Rugby Union representative that all players who returned to the National Training Centre [on Sunday] were tested on arrival and put in isolation pending results.
“All five players who tested positive have now left the training base.
The 2021 Six Nations is here and we want you to be on top of everything that’s happening.
To get the latest daily Welsh rugby and Six Nations news headlines and team announcements, plus Simon Thomas’s weekly inside briefing, sent straight to your inbox for FREE, click here and select ‘rugby’.
“The rest of the squad, all of whom tested negative are training with restricted movement and no close contact for the next 48 hours. All players and staff will be tested every 24 hours.
“The TOG will reconvene on Wednesday 24 February in the evening to review the situation.
“A decision on whether the France v Scotland fixture can go ahead will be made at that stage. Ensuring the health and safety of all players and staff is our number one priority.
“Should the decision be that the fixture cannot go ahead, the match will be rescheduled for the earliest possible date.
“Six Nations would like to wish all affected players, coaches, and support team a speedy recovery.”