Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th May 2021 – Giants can be Defeated
TOPIC: Giants can be Defeated
Opening Prayer: May my heart, O Lord, be receptive to your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: 1 Chronicles 20:1-8
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit? • Is there any warning for me to heed?
The result of a single thoughtless action and foolish decision can be far reaching; sometimes beyond what we can ever imagine. What other consequences of the foolish decision of Hanun and his nobles (19:3) can you we see in vs.1-3? The Ammonites thought that everything was over, but David and his army attacked again and plundered the city, and the inhabitants were subjected to forced labour.
Read vs.4-8 again and take note of the giants that were killed and those who killed them. Giants may be intimidating but they are never invincible. David and his men were of little stature compared to the giants, but they defeated all the giants because although they looked feeble physically, they had the great and mighty God behind them (see 29:12). It shows that if we are only strong physically but weak spiritually, we cannot go far in the battle of life. But if we trust in God, we shall win the victory over all problems and challenges that we may face in life, no matter how big and intimidating they may look. (See Zechariah 4:6; Romans 8:31, 37).
• So What? Are you facing some intimidating challenges and battles that look insurmountable?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Turn them over to the Lord in prayer right now. He will give you victory. • Thank God for the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• 2 Kings 17-18; Matt. 15:1-20
Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.