Scripture Union Daily Guide 11th June 2021 – The Lord is my Helper
Topic: The Lord is my Helper
Opening Prayer: As I read through this passage dear Lord, let your word bring transformation to my life.
Scripture: Hebrews 13:1-17
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any command for me to obey? • Is there any warning for me to heed?
As the author ends his letter, he seems to summarize his thoughts and reminds his readers of some of the instructions he had given in the book. Notice some of these instructions in vs.1-3, 4-5, 9-10, and 15-16. As we seek to fulfil this great task, we also must be conscious of the grace of God as contained in His promises in vs.5b-6.
Some of the instructions given can only be carried out when we understand and know the God who has given them and have experienced His love. The same love made available to us, is that which we can express to fellow believers and share with strangers.
Notice the rewards of hospitality (v.2). However, one needs to be wise and sensitive to the leading of the Lord as it is becoming more difficult and challenging to host strangers these days. Obedience to constituted authorities is also a concern to the author.
Particularly in the Christian community, the leader is expected to be an example to the members.
However, the members are also responsible to God to know what the Lord expects of them so that when a leader fails to live by the standard of God’s word, they would not be led astray. How do you practice v.15?
• Thought: This world is not our permanent home. We are looking forward to a home yet to come (v.14, NLT).
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Help me, Lord, to follow good examples and reject things that are false and ungodly. • Pray against harmful books and multimedia materials that masquerade as Christian materials.
Offer a Prayer of Faith in Line with
• Jer. 18-19; Matt. 23:23-39
Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God