TOPIC: LESSONS FROM AHITHOPHEL: ORDER YOUR PRIORITIES!
BASIC SCRIPTURE: 2 SAMUEL 17:14-23.
Welcome! In life generally, we tend to project people’s weaknesses more than their strengths and their weak points more than their strong points. To get the best out of people, learn to project and magnify their strengths. After all, you don’t know it all yourself and you need help too. Despite all the flaws of Ahithophel, in spite of his deadly conspiracy against King David and irrespective of the hatred and betrayal he showed towards David, the scripture did not ignore the good side of Ahithophel, and we must learn from that. Heaven recorded the last few things Ahithophel did before his death.
Vs. 23 of today’s scripture says: “And when Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order, and hanged himself and died, and was buried in the sepulchre of his father.” In this second quarter of the year, there are a few lessons to learn from the few things that Ahithophel did before his shameful death. Note: “He saddled his ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order.” HE PUT HIS HOUSEHOLD IN ORDER! Wow! Ahithophel put his household in ORDER before he died. This is too important to be ignored by God. God is the God of order. 1 Corinthians 14:40 reveals: “Let all things be done and in order
Order helps to eliminate confusion. It prevents the occurrence of avoidable mistakes. It gives direction to people, places and events. Henri-Frédéric Amiel opined: “Order is a great person’s need and their true well being. A DISORDERED LIFE IS A DISASTER ABOUT TO HAPPEN. Use today’s devotional encounter to learn and to determine to give ORDER to your life. ORDER YOUR PRIORITIES AND LET NOT YOUR PRIORITIES ORDER YOU! Yes! Use today’s devotional encounter to SCATTER ANY PLAN to disorganize your life, family and destiny this year! Do you know that there are many good people who die disorganized? As we continue tomorrow, pray seriously now!
ODM PRAYER POINTS FOR TODAY 6TH JUNE 2020.
1. In your own words, pray concerning today’s word as led now.
2. Ahithophel organized his life at the last minute! Lord, grant me wisdom to set my life, family and ministry in order
3. I return to sender any PLAN to set my life, family and ministry in DISORDER in Jesus name.
4. Repent from ways in which you have allowed your mistakes to depress you.
5. AGAIN, I receive DOUBLE GRACE to ORDER my priorities aright this season in Jesus name.
6. Make a decision not to stop but to start again. Lord, I refuse to quit in Jesus name. Pray for me today/always! – “PRAY FOR ME! Bishop Dr Chris Kwakpovwe (ODM Daily)“
7. Pray about today and any other issue(s) affecting your peace.
Our Daily Manna also known as ODM is written by Bishop Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe. It is a daily devotional booklet that started in the form of a Daily prayer guide for church members and brethren in a form of two printed sheets.