A 300-level student of the Department of European Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan identified as Gbadebo Richard, has reportedly died on Tuesday July 28 in a soap-making factory, in Ibadan.
It was reported that, the student was on a night shift when he fell into one of the machines at the Oluyole factory of Henkel Nigeria Limited, producers of WAW detergent and soap.
His colleagues were reportedly unaware of the accident until they saw blood on one end of the machine. The company management however, did not inform the deceased family of the incident until an unknown person called to inform them. This sparked public outraged, people were mobilized to blocked the road leading to the factory.
The deceased father was later allowed into the building and went with the body, packed in a plastic bag to the morgue.