Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 7 June 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Personal Discipline
TOPIC: Personal Discipline
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 5-6; 2 Chronicles 2-3
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
MEMORY VERSE: “He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.” – Proverbs 25:28
In Christianity, a life of consistent victory is not possible without discipline.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
POWER WILL CHANGE HANDS IN YOUR LIFE TODAY FROM THE FLESH TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Personal discipline is the ability to control and motivate yourself to do what is right at the right time.
Every average person hates discipline. But without discipline, it will be difficult to make reasonable progress at anything in life. We have to set rules and regulations for ourselves in line with the word of God and diligently follow them in order to achieve any meaningful goal. Self-discipline is a proactive measure that we can take to limit reactive actions from others or even from God.
In our relationship with God, there is a God part and there is a man part. God will not do for you what you are supposed to do for yourself (Luke 16:10). Jesus told His disciples in Luke 21:36 to watch and pray always to be able to escape all that was going to happen. This requires a lot of self-discipline.
One of God’s principles for advancement is diligence. Without discipline, you cannot be of much use to God and even to man, be it family or work place. You have to discipline yourself to read the Bible daily. There is a system called BBB; it means Bible Before Breakfast. To get the best of God in life, the word of God must be in you through reading, meditation and memorisation. All these will lead to obedience of the word.
To be effective as a Christian, you need personal discipline. This is also by the power of the Holy Spirit. In every stage of your Christian life, you need the fullness of the Holy Spirit. The Bible says it is not by power nor by might but by my Spirit says the Lord. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill your life and God will give you His promise of the Father to all His children (Luke 11:11-12).
- Lord of mercy, make me holy, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive victory over the power of besetting sins, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, arise and empower me to live a crucified life, in the name of Jesus.
- My destiny shall not be wasted by indiscipline, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power dragging down my spiritual life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, empower me to live a prayerful life, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to maintain my salvation, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM SINGLES FASTING & PRAYER – JUNE 7, 2021 – DAY 16
SECTION 3: I WILL SING MY SONG AND DANCE MY MARITAL VICTORY DANCE
Scripture: Psalm 143:1-12
Confession: Zachariah 4:6-7 – “Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.”
Praise and Worship
PRAYERS FOR MORNING SESSION
- O Lord, anytime I want to make marital mistake, redirect me aright, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to marry below my divine destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, anoint my eyes, hands and legs to locate my divine purpose. in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, anoint my eyes, hands and legs to locate my divine partner, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, I invite you into my imagination, guide me, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive explosive marital breakthroughs; I reject weak marital breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, shake me to sense where I have made mistakes, in the name of Jesus.
- Testimonies that are greater than my age, baptise me now, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and give me a miracle that will announce me to the whole world, in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic stabilizer programmed into my progress against fulfilling my divine destiny, be scattered to nothing, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, begin to convert my marital mockery to advancement, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to ask in contrast to God’s will for my marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- Every demonic reverse gear assigned to hinder my marital progress, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, uphold me with Your right hand of righteousness so as not to fall physically or spiritually, in the name of Jesus.
- My eyes, reject marital blindness, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all anti-breakthrough designs against my life and marriage be shattered to irreparable pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every power chasing marital blessings away from me be paralysed, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, let me walk into my marital timing, in the name of Jesus.
- My days, cooperate with the Almighty, in the name of Jesus.
- Multiple river of income and cash, locate my life, in the name of Jesus.