Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 4 June 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Christian Witnessing (II)
TOPIC: Christian Witnessing (II)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 16-18
FIRE SCRIPTURE: John 4:4-29
4 And he must needs go through Samaria.
5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
6 Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?
28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,
29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?
MEMORY VERSE: “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings…” – Isaiah 52:7
Always help someone; you may end up needing them later.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
AS YOU GO ABOUT WITNESSING FOR CHRIST, HE WILL MAKE YOUR FEET BEAUTIFUL, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Witnessing for Christ is the responsibility of all believers. Perhaps you are wondering where and how to start. You can always start by telling others what He has done for you. Tell others that the Saviour is here and has paid the price for that ailment, that trouble or problem plaguing their lives on the cross of Calvary. All they need to do is to surrender their lives to Him as their Lord and personal Saviour. We need to tell others about Him because when we receive Him, others need to know of our new status. Philip did it in John 1:45: “Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” This happened immediately he found the Lord. We need to tell others that we have changed from what we used to be to new creatures. We have been commissioned to tell others. We must tell them the wonderful works of Jesus. He heals, He saves and delivers.
Witnessing for Christ also shows that you are bearing fruits. John 15:16a says, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain.” We are the branches and the Lord is the vine. As we are attached to Him, we will be able to bring forth fruit but without Him, we can’t bear fruit. It is time to become productive for the Lord.
Similarly, we are witnesses of Jesus Christ when we live with a happy outlook that shows our faith in Him. Our lives are the scripture that many people read. We are Christ’s effective witnesses when we demonstrate the love of God and His character to others (believers and unbelievers), standing for truth and justice as well as helping others who are in need. So, we witness for Christ both by telling them about His love and sacrifice for us as well as by loving others practically as He has loved us. Can Jesus count on you?
- My Father, give me grace to proclaim You to the world, in the name of Jesus.
- Anti-gospel spirits in my environment, be disgraced and destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- Hindrance to the word of God, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Internal blockage, break and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Enemy of the gospel, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Power of the Holy Spirit to spread the word of faith, possess me, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, my Father, arise and make Yourself known in my life, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM SINGLES FASTING & PRAYER – JUNE 4, 2021 – DAY 13
Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for all you have been doing in my marital life since this programme started. I believe that You are my God and You are working out my marital celebration already. Please, accept my thanksgiving, in the name of Jesus.
The Lord will perfect all that concerns me; He will not forsake me because His mercy endures forever. I will not be disappointed at the edge of my marital breakthrough. The marital good works that He has started in my life, Jesus will finish them, because He is the Alpha and Omega and He does not leave things half done. My Saviour completes and perfects everything He starts.
Lord Jesus, hear me speedily. Hasten Your word to perform Your wonderful promises for my marital life. God is not a man that He should lie nor the Son of Man that He should repent of any of His pronouncements. I believe that every promise of God for my life shall come to pass without any satanic delay.
I stand on the victory of Jesus over satan and over death and hell. For it is written that Jesus first of all descended into the lower parts of the earth and stripped the devil of all his powers and ascended on high, leading captivity captive. By this victory, let every stumbling block, every gathering of powers of darkness and every satanic bus stop delaying the manifestation of my marital congratulations be destroyed now by the power in the blood of Jesus.
In the presence of those who have written me off, the zeal of God shall bring forth my marital celebration. I refuse to give up on my marriage because God has not given up on me. My God is preparing a giant marital testimony for me and His covenant shall bring it to manifestation this season. What I confess is what I attract.
I make these confessions in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit. Amen!!!
NOTE: Make the Personal confession before you start the prayer each day for the section.
SECTION 2: DESTROYING MARITAL ROAD BLOCKS
Scripture: Psalm 141:1-10
Confession: Proverbs 26:27 – “Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.”
Praise and Worship
PRAYERS FOR MORNING SESSION
- O Lord, let every enchantment, divination, incantation, working against my settling down in marriage, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every demonic power hindering my marital breakthrough, be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
- Every human agent hindering and working against my marriage, be exposed and catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I command all evil marks and labels in my life to be erased by the blood of Jesus.
- I reject every evil spiritual marriage contamination, in the name of Jesus.
- I release myself from the spirit of marital bitterness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every hold of the power of familiar spirit on my marriage, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, I refuse to live under any satanic cloud, in the name of Jesus.
- Any battle that is older than me, causing me marital delay, Rock of Ages, crush them away, in the name of Jesus.
- Let every geographical hindrance to my marital breakthrough clear away, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power tying me down, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power stealing from me, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every gathering of the ungodly against me, maritally, be scattered unto desolation, in the name of Jesus.
- I dismantle, by fire, the consequences of every satanic spiritual cobweb upon my life and marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me the power to overcome negative addictions in my life and marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- I vomit every evil consumption in the dream, in the name of Jesus.
- Let any man or woman observing my marriage in the day and night for evil be tortured by fire.
- Every spirit behind any evil addiction or habit in my life, be bound, in the name of Jesus.
- Every hand that feeds me in the dream, be roasted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power that has turned my sleep to a battle ground, scatter and die, in the name of Jesus.