Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 29 May 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Love For God And Man (I)
TOPIC: Love For God And Man (I)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Song of Solomon 1-8
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Mark 12:28-33
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
MEMORY VERSE: “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.” – Mark 12:30
The love of God is the foundation of life.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
RECEIVE THE GRACE TO BE ROOTED AND GROUNDED IN THE LOVE OF GOD, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
The greatest commandment of all is love. Love is the greatest identity of a believer (John 13:35). There are three kinds of love; the God kind of love (Agape), love between husband and wife (Eros) and love between friends and acquaintances (Phileos). The kind of love being referred to here is Agape, which means putting others first. This kind of love emanates from a life of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22).
One of the scribes asked Jesus in Mark 12:28 a question. He said, “Master, which is the greatest commandment?” The Lord replied with two answers: “And thou shall love the Lord. . ., this is the first commandment and the second — thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself.” There is none other commandment than these. Love is the greatest commandment upon which other commandments stand.
What does it mean to love God with all your heart, and with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength? It means loving God with all you have. This kind of love is more of doing than feeling. It requires that you demonstrate your love in some practical way.
How do you demonstrate and manifest this kind of love? Exodus 20:1-7 gives practical examples that were also corroborated in the New Testament. Your love for God will manifest in your loyalty or allegiance to God and your separation or dedication unto him (Romans 12:1).
Beloved, God first loved you and me. He demonstrated His love to us while we are yet a sinner. God is love. Do you really love God? Where resides your loyalty? Are you fully committed to Him? Are you part of people that bring disrepute to His name? Repent today and embrace His love.
Repent and rededicate your life if you’re His son or daughter. If you are not, surrender your life to Him and reciprocate your love to God.
- Father, give me strength to live by Your commandment of love, in the name of Jesus.
- Teach me Lord, to love You above all else, in the name of Jesus.
- Let love be the driving force for my obedience to Your commands, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, teach me to love You with all that I have, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let my loyalty be to You only, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let nothing come between You and me, Lord, in the name of Jesus.
- My life will not bring disrepute to the name of God, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM SINGLES FASTING & PRAYER – MAY 29, 2021 – DAY 7 (Break by 2pm)
SECTION ONE DAY SEVEN – HOLY SPIRIT INCUBATE ME
SCRIPTURE – Isaiah 43:1
CONFESSION: Luke 1:35 – “And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”
Praise and Worship
PRAYERS FOR MORNING SESSION
- My life shall not suffer affliction, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my divine destiny appear, let my perverted destiny disappear, in the name of Jesus.
- Every damage done to my marital destiny, Holy Spirit repair it, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to operate below my divine destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- The desire of my enemies will not be granted over my marital life, in the name of Jesus.
- Those who once mocked me shall not witness my glorious marriage, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me new eyes to see into my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- I enter into my prophetic destiny by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- The leaf of my marital destiny shall not wither, in the name of Jesus.
- Every attack against my marital destiny when I was a child, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, reschedule my destiny for uncommon visitation, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, renew my strength, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver me from the lies that I tell myself, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, rain on me now rain of marital favor, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, open my eyes to see behind the visible to the invisible, in the name of Jesus.
- Let my point of ridicule be converted to my source of miracles, in the name of Jesus.
- In the presence of those laughing me to scorn, my marital testimonies appear by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, anoint my eyes, hands and legs to locate my divine partner, in the name of Jesus.
- Every problem that came into my life by personal invitation, depart now, in the name of Jesus.
- Thank God for answers to your prayers.
NOTE: Make the Personal confession before you start the prayer each day for the section.