Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 2 June 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Dealing With Unprofitable Roots
TOPIC: Dealing With Unprofitable Roots
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 10-12
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 15:1-13
1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
MEMORY VERSE: “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” – Matthew 3:10
“A tree’s beauty lies in its branches, but its strength lies in its root.”
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
THE VERY ROOT OF THE PROBLEM IN YOUR LIFE SHALL BE CUT OFF, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
A battle is a fight or war between opposing forces. Once you declare for Christ, you automatically engage in the battle between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan. All Christians are involved in this spiritual battle on daily basis. However, there is another kind of battle known as foundational battle. The nature and intensity of this battle will be determined by so many factors that make up a man’s background. Job 14:1 says, “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.”
Ninety-five percent of very difficult problems that people have are rooted in their foundation. To solve these problems, such people need to get down to the root causes which could be ancestral, parental, environmental, etc. Reading through the word of God, one finds out that even Jesus addressed this problem. He addressed the Jews by pointing accusing fingers at their backgrounds in Matthew 23:29-35.
Root battles are the unseen causes of problems in a man’s life. Many people fight the wrong enemy and end up using the wrong weapons. The root causes of a person’s problem can be sin, ignorance, ancestral pollution, pride, ungodliness etc. To fight and win these battles, the person must go back to the Eternal Root for solution. According to Romans 15:12, the Eternal Root is Jesus. He is the solution to every problem a believer may encounter. Have you discovered the root of the problem in your life? The devil will always want to shield it but its discovery is vital to your complete deliverance. When you have discovered the root of your problem, you must pray prayers that touch the root. I pray that every plant which the Father has not planted in your life shall be rooted up, in Jesus’ name.
- Father Lord, send Your fire to the root of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- All the good things of my life that are locked up in satanic banks, be released, in the name of Jesus.
- Every ordination of evil upon my life will not prosper, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the axe of fire of the Holy Ghost uproot every evil tree in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil plantation behind my problem, be cast into fire, in the name of Jesus.
- I speak destruction into the camp of my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
- I speak destruction unto every evil plantation, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM SINGLES FASTING & PRAYER – JUNE 2, 2021 – DAY 11
SECTION TWO DAY FOUR – DESTROYING MARITAL ROAD BLOCKS
SCRIPTURE – PSALM 136:1-26
CONFESSION – ISAIAH 54:14-15
PRAYERS FOR MORNING SESSION
- Let my spiritual husband/wife be roasted by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- l rebuke the activities of the emptier over my home, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power walking about in the dark, in order to harm me, be bound and be paralysed, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind the evil spirit working in support of the enemies of my marriage in Jesus name.
- Powers or evil personalities observing sleepless nights for the sake of my marriage, fall down and die in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, shape my life to the right place, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the Lord God of Elijah arise with a strong hand against every spirit husband /wife and power of the dog, in the name of Jesus.
- I command every plantation of the dog in my life to come out with all its roots in the name of Jesus.
- Let my eyes be delivered from lustfulness, in the name of Jesus.
- l release myself from every dream pollution in the name of Jesus.
- l break the stronghold of marital curses in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Any tree harboring any charm against me, receive the fire of God and be roasted in the name of Jesus.
- l command all demonic hindrances to my marriage to scatter in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let every demonic stronghold keeping my marriage in bondage release me and be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- l break and loose myself from every spell of marital bondage and delay in the name of Jesus.
- l release myself from every conscious and unconscious covenant with the spirit of marital failure in the name of Jesus.
- l release my marriage from the ditch of marriage destroyers, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord let all marital hindrances be removed in the name of Jesus.
- l remove my name and partners name from the book of marital failure in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord let my marriage become too hot to handle for demonic agents in the name of Jesus.