Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 19 August 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Marks Of A True Disciple (I)
TOPIC: Marks Of A True Disciple (I)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 49-50
FIRE SCRIPTURE: John 8:31-36
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
MEMORY VERSE: “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.” – Luke 14:26
A surrendered life that is characterized by humility is the mark of a genuine disciple.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
HEAVEN WILL GIVE YOU THE UNDENIABLE REWARDS OF A TRUE DISCIPLE OF CHRIST, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Many Christians believe that once they give their lives to Christ and are called Christians, they have fulfilled all they are required to do. This is wrong! Salvation is the first and major step into a lifelong walk with God and a relationship that continues in eternity. Having become a Christian, you are expected to move into a deeper relationship with Christ, your Saviour, by becoming His disciple. This is a marked difference between being a Christian and being a disciple of Christ. The focus of the church should be not only to win souls but to raise disciples for our Royal Master. Let us examine some of the marks of a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
The first mark of a true disciple of Jesus is spelt out in our Memory Verse for today: “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple” (Luke 14:26). What the Bible means here is that for you to be a true disciple of Jesus, He must occupy the supreme place in your life. He must become your first love. You must choose Him above your parents, spouse, children and all your other interests. Does Christ have pre-eminence in your life? If He does not, you need to change so that you will qualify to be His true disciple.
The second mark of a true disciple of Jesus Christ is cross-bearing. Luke 14:27 says, “And whosoever doth not beat his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.” Christ was very clear and emphatic about His point here. What does bearing His cross mean? It means sharing His reproach, suffering and persecution for His sake. The cross is a symbol of shame and pain. Jesus foretold His disciples that they would be hated, persecuted, misunderstood and so on. Jesus Himself went through all these. He was falsely accused, condemned to death and crucified. The sinless and guiltless was hated, misunderstood and killed!
Beloved, a disciple is not greater than his master! I pray that God will give you the grace to be Christ’s true disciple, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, help me to make Jesus Christ to occupy the supreme place in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything contending for God’s place of pre-eminence in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me the grace to bear my cross and go after Christ without looking back, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a true disciple of Christ, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the grace to serve the Master worthily to the end, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, help me to walk by faith in Your word, in the name of Jesus.
- The grace and blessings of God that I have received will not be in vain, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM 2021 SEVENTY DAYS PRAYER & FASTING PROGRAMME – 19 AUGUST 2021
PRAYER BATTLE (2)
SECTION 2: THOU ART MY BATTLE AXE
Scripture Reading: 1 Samuel 17
Confession: Jeremiah 51:20 – Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms;
DAY 1: (Thursday, August 19, 2021) Break by 2pm [Local Time]
The Bible In 70 Days (Day 11: Numbers 24:4 – Deuteronomy 1:1-2 )
Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving (To be said daily – See Below)
- Forces terrorising my destiny, be consumed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and provoke my enemies to give up on me, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers using my destiny for evil business, Rock of Ages, grind them to powder, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers marking me for evil, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Anything in my life making me powerless before my enemy, O God, arise and kill it, in the name of Jesus.
- Wherever I have been sold to by the enemy, blood of Jesus, buy me back, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers assigned to make me a carrier of evil magnet, burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
- Any wicked herbalist adding to my battles, run mad and die, in Jesus’ name.
- Any herbalist sent to wage war against me, wage war against yourself, in the name of Jesus.
- Dark judgement against my life, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers preparing shame for me, die with your shame, in the name of Jesus.
- Every bar of darkness blocking my way, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers that say nothing good will ever come out of me, die, in Jesus’ name.
- Powers blocking my eyes from the solution to my problems, be disappointed, in name of Jesus.
- Powers, assigned to turn me to a slave before my enemies, receive the arrow of death, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers placing an arrow of self-destruction in my hands, carry your load and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers planning to destroy my name before my helpers, run mad, in the name of Jesus.
- Eyes of the wicked following me about, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Gathering of the wicked assigned to make me their slave, thunder of God, scatter it, in the name of Jesus.
- Garment of falling and not rising again, sewn for me, catch fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Powers pressing my head to the ground, receive the arrow of death, in the name of Jesus.
- Strangers representing me to implicate me, fire of God, consume them, in the name of Jesus.
- Every strange secret that the enemy is using as a weapon against me, O God, arise and scatter it, in the name of Jesus.
- Every secret that I do not know, and that has become a battle for me, expire, in the name of Jesus.
- The arrow the enemies have shot against me, that is yet to manifest, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Evil secret of the enemy that is giving him an advantage over me, be exposed and be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
- The secret of the wicked elders that is gradually killing my destiny, be terminated now, in the name of Jesus.
- The secret that wicked elders know about my life, to put it in bondage, blood of Jesus, scatter it, in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER OF PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
(TO BE SAID DAILY)
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank You for:
- Drawing me to prayer and power,
- The salvation of my soul,
- Baptizing me with the Holy Spirit,
- Producing spiritual gifts upon my life,
- The fruits of the spirit working in me,
- The wonderful gift of praise,
- All the ways You have intervened in my affairs,
- Your divine plan for my life,
- You will never leave me nor forsake me,
- Bringing me to a place of maturity and deeper life,
- Lifting me up when I fall,
- Keeping me in perfect peace,
- Making all things work together for good for me,
- Protecting me from the snares of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence,
- The wonder-working power in Your Word and in the Blood of the Lamb,
- Giving Your angels charge over me,
- Fighting for me against my adversaries,
- Making me more than a conqueror,
- Supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory,
- Your healing power upon my body, soul and spirit,
- Flooding my heart with the light of heaven,
- Always causing me to triumph in Christ Jesus,
- Turning my curses into blessings,
- Enabling me to dwell in safety,
- All the blessings of life,
- Your greatness, power, glory, majesty, splendor and righteousness,
- Silencing the foe and the avenger,
- You are at my right hand and I shall not be moved,
- You are trustworthy and will help Your own,
- Not allowing my enemies to rejoice over me,
- Your wonderful love,
- You are great and greatly to be praised,
- Delivering my soul from death and my feet from stumbling,
- You are my fortress and refuge in time of trouble,
- Your faithfulness and marvellous deeds,
- Your act of power and surpassing greatness,
- Dispersing spiritual blindness from my spirit,
- Lifting me out of the depths,
- Preserving me and keeping my feet from slipping,
- Your name is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and he is safe.