Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. On a daily basis, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Government Area Coordinator
Job Type: Contract
- The Local Government Coordinators would ensure the management, operational, financial, procurement; monitoring and evaluation responsibilities of the Project are carried out consistently with project implementation plan
- The Local Government Coordinators will work under the supervision and guidance of the States Project Coordinators
- The LGA Project Coordinators will provide leadership for project implementation at the LGA levels, supported by a multi- disciplinary team of staff and technical consultants who will work exclusively for the project at the LGA.
- Coordinate the Wards project’s activities in conformity with the Financing Agreement of FGN and Donor Organisation and as stipulated in the Project Appraisal Document;
- Undertake/delegate field visits, and surveys in order to monitor and evaluate Project implementation; and identify problems and propose remedial action/alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve Project delivery at the Ward level;
- Participate in the development of the Annual State Work Plan for the Project and monitor compliance to ensure objectives and targets are met and achieved
- Coordinate the Formation of the LGA Technical Committee
- Liaise with other relevant Programmes and Technical Departments in the Public Sector and Privates Sector to ensure synergy
- Facilitate and manage capacity building relevant government departments at the LGA and wards levels
- Ensure that the use of equipment and supplies procured is strictly for purposes of the Project
- Establish and enhance systems of internal control to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Government of Nigeria and the donor organisation
- Ensure the proper monitoring of all imprest accounts record
- Facilitate the Project’s events at the LGA/Ward levels
- Review and evaluate the Project’s staff performance at the LGA/Wards levels and submit to SPCU
- Serve as focal point for communication with the SPCU project team
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the State Project Coordinator.
- A University Degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Sociology, Political Science, Management, Economics, Finance, Accounts, or any relevant field.
- Three to five years of experience in coordinating/implementing projects.
- Experience working with government, international agencies, and donor agencies is an advantage
- Established leadership and project management skills
- Good communication written and oral skills.
- Ability to provide high level advise on finance/accounts and procurement matters
- Knowledge/experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer applications, particularly, MS Word, MS Excel and Lotus Notes is essential.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Civil Servants are encouraged to apply for this position but will go through the same competitive process as other candidates
- If a civil servant is selected, he/she will be transferred to the project and will continue to draw his/her salary from the civil service
- The project will not provide additional resources in the form of salaries.