Here is everything you need to know as Cardiff City prepare to take on Derby County in their final game of the season.
What time is Derby County v Cardiff City?
Derby County v Cardiff City kicks off at 12.30pm on Saturday, May 7 at Pride Park.
Is Derby County v Cardiff City on TV? What about streaming?
There will be no live televised coverage of the game.
You will be able to view the game via audio through the club’s website, more information on that can be found here. You can follow live updates from the match via our blog which will be available on our Cardiff City page.
What’s the latest team news?
Cardiff City have no fresh injury concerns heading into Saturday’s clash with Derby County.
The Bluebirds will be without Joe Ralls, Sean Morrison, Alfie Doughty, Sam Bowen and Isaac Vassell, just as they were against Birmingham City last weekend.
Joel Bagan also remains a doubt.
Derby will welcome back captain Tom Lawrence following his two-match suspension. Midfielder Krystian Bielik, Lee Buchanan and Colin Kazim-Richards will miss out.
What have the managers said?
Derby County boss Wayne Rooney: “I’ll play the strongest side possible to try and get three points in front of a big crowd. The support has been incredible and we want to show our appreciation to the fans. It’s important that the supporters stay in the stands to allow us to do that.
“Krystian Bielik and Lee Buchanan tried to train yesterday but didn’t finish the session. They, along with Colin Kazim-Richards, won’t be available tomorrow. Other than those three, we can choose from everyone else and we have Tom Lawrence back from suspension.”
Cardiff City boss Steve Morison: “We will be facing the same Derby team we faced earlier in the season. They are very good with what they do and have patterns of play. We will try and enforce our play on them as well.
“They will want to end their season on a positive. Our 1,500 fans, we want to give them something to go away with as well.”
What are the latest betting odds?
Derby County – 5/4
Draw – 12/5
Cardiff City – 21/10
(Odds via SkyBet, correct at time of publication)
- Derby are winless in five league matches against Cardiff City (D2 L3) since a 3-1 home win in April 2018.
- Cardiff are looking to complete a league double over Derby for the first time since the 2011-12 season, having beaten them 1-0 earlier this season.
- Derby County haven’t lost their final league match of the season in any of their last five seasons (W3 D2), scoring three or more goals in each of their last four campaigns.
- Cardiff City haven’t lost their final league game of the season in any of their last seven campaigns (W4 D3) since losing 2-1 at home to Chelsea in 2013-14 under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- Derby have been relegated from the Championship this season and will play in the third tier of English football next season for the first time since 1985-86.