24th August, 2021 | Comments
This is to bring to the notice of the University Community and the general public that the Senate of the Cross River University of Technology in its bid to address the issue of the ‘No Fees No Exams policy and its attendant effect on Students, has decided on the following steps to enhance the Students chances of graduating:
1. Mop-up examination should be given to students with evidence of payment of fees from 2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2016/2017, 2017/2018 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 academic sessions Students who owed school fees but wish to take advantage of this opportunity would be accepted only on payment of the complete school fees
2. That there would be one examination per course for all the years involved. Thereafter, the results would be recorded in the appropriate year
3. Students who obeyed Management Policy and did not write 2019/2020 examination but wrote 2018/2019 examination as carryover should not have their results recorded as carryover, but as regular examinations
4. All affected students from the 2014/2015 to 2019/2020 academic sessions are required to write the mop up examination where they had deficiencies at the same time and same date.
5. Students shall pay the sum of Two Thousand Naira (N2.000.00) only per course,
6. The mop-up examination will take place from Monday, September 13, 2021 to Friday, September 17, 2021.
7. All students are please enjoined to note as follows;
- The University Policy of “No Fee, No Exams still subsists and Management will no longer show this compassion in the future.
- Students who fail to utilize this opportunity would have to apply to the Vice Chancellor on or before October 01, 2021 for deferment of their admission, failing which they will forfeit their studentship in the University
Deans of Faculties and Heads of Departments should ensure that affected students are notified accordingly