Sports

Cardiff City transfer headlines as striker’s future ‘significantly impacted’ and Morison responds to double Bale-Ramsey swoop

The latest transfer news coming out of Cardiff City Stadium on Friday, May 6

Hugill future ‘significantly impacted’ by Norwich relegation

Jordan Hugill’s future has been “significantly impacted” by Norwich City’s relegation to the Championship next season.

Hugill will return to his parent club after he plays his final game in a Cardiff shirt on Saturday against Derby County, before returning to Carrow Road for talks over his future.

READ MORE: The Cardiff City youngsters influencing transfer policy and what to expect next after breakthrough year

However, Samuel Seaman, a journalist covering the Canaries, believes that Norwich’s drop to the second tier will enhance the striker’s chances of staying at the club and featuring heavily next term.

“Onel Hernandez, Jordan Hugill and Sam McCallum return to training with #NCFC next week,” he wrote on Twitter.

“Three players whose futures have probably been significantly impacted by City’s relegation. McCallum seems most likely to break into the City team, having won QPR’s young player of the year.”

Morison responds to suggested Bale-Rambo swoop

Steve Morison has seemingly played down the prospect of a sensational double swoop for Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey, after suggesting that the finances involved in bringing either player to the club would likely prove too much of a stretch for the Bluebirds.

Bale is set to become a free agent once his current big-money deal at Real Madrid comes to an end, and has subsequently been linked with a move to his hometown club for the last few weeks. Indeed, chairman Mehmet Dalman last week said the Bluebirds would be “willing listeners” if the 32-year-old decided to come back to the capital.

Morison himself gave a similar view when quizzed on the prospect. You can read more about that here.

Meanwhile, former Bluebird Ramsey is also set to be on the lookout for a new club this summer, amid the news that Scottish giants Rangers will not be pursuing a permanent deal. It’s a situation that may well get the blades of the rumour mill turning, but Morison didn’t exactly sound convinced.

“That would be good wouldn’t it?” he said when asked about the possibility of landing both players. “Someone find me 600k a week to pay in wages for two players!”

Even when it was put to him that the duo might well be open to a significantly reduced pay packet in order to come back to Wales, Morison replied: “You touch base with them and see if that’s doable! But it would be amazing.”

Rowberry responds to QPR links

Newport County manager James Rowberry has played a straight bat to reports linking him to the managerial vacancy at Championship club QPR.

Rowberry, 37, left Cardiff back in October after a number of years as first-team coach in the Welsh capital to take on his first job as the main man in the dugout.

He has helped Newport to a decent campaign, but ultimately fell short of the League Two play-offs. His reputation has garnered appreciation from higher up in the Football League, though, and he is currently the bookmakers’ favourite to take the QPR job after Mark Warburton’s departure..

“Its speculation,” Rowberry said of the reports. “It shows where we are at, what we are trying to do and what we are trying to develop here.”

“It brings a bit of attention to it, but there is nothing really for me to talk about. I am in a job, I want to finish this season strong. I want to finish on 72 points I want to get our home form back on track and that is my focus really – Newport County.”

McGuinness: Next season will be different

Mark McGuinness admits this season has been full up “ups and downs” but is looking forward to the change ahead next term.

The Bluebirds centre-back has been one of Cardiff’s bright spots this campaign, growing with every game played. At just 20 years old he has been on a steep learning curve, especially with the amount of game-time he has got under his belt over the course of the campaign. He expects change this summer, but one thing won’t – his desire to improve, believing next season will be different.

“It’s been full of ups and downs, for sure, but I appreciate playing as many games as I have this season,” he began. “I’ve learned a lot playing alongside some very experienced players.

“Next season will be different, but I’ve learned so much with the guys in the building and hopefully I can take that forward next season and the next bunch of boys coming in for next season. Before that we’ll have pre-season, where a lot of the work gets done before the next campaign.”

via

ALSO READ  Dodgers infielder Max Muncy is a bargain
Tags

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
eskisehir escort -

jojobet.live

- redwin1.club - jetbahis.contact -
retrobet
- tempobet -

Personel Alımları