28th September, 2021 | Comments
The NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Essay Competition is promoted by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to enhance academic excellence and encourage the youths to build local capacities and competencies to prepare for effective participation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Industry.
2021 ESSAY TOPIC:
TEN YEARS OF LOCAL CONTENT IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA: SUCCESSES, CHALLENGES AND THE IMPERATIVE OF EXPANDING BEYOND OIL& GAS
1. This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in public and private Universities and Polytechnics in Nigeria.
2. Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
3. All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
4. Co-authorship of essay is not permitted
5. Entrants are to submit only one entry.
6. The competition opens on 22nd September 2021 and completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to www.ncdmbessay.com on or before 20 October 2021. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hard copy submission will not be accepted
7. Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 Words.
8. Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address must accompany the manuscripts.
9. Entrants’ names shall not appear on the manuscript but on a separate tite page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
10. Short-listed entrants will be contacted for the 3 and final round interactive assessment on or before 3rd November, 2021.
11. Prices will be awarded as follows: N1,000,000 for 1st prize, N700,000 for 2nd prize, N500,000 for 3rd prize.
12. All top 10 national finalists shall each receive a laptop
13. Essays ill be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
14. All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check to determine originality.
15. The award/prize giving ceremony comes up November, 2021
16. The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.